Sunday, February 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

This saturday I had the pleasure of babysitting my precious niece, aka nuggy.  This was my first time seeing her in full action... crawling and pulling up on things like crazy.  We had a great time and I treasure every minute that I get with her.  Love playing with her and praying over her... can't wait to see the wonderful woman of God that He is growing up.  A few pictures of my nuggy:













On Sunday after church Tara, Alden, Dad, Judy and Mom came over for a burger cookout.  We were celebrating Dad's Bday and I had made my very first sheet cake!  Courtesy of the pioneer woman's recipe, love her recipes!  Tyler made the burgers, I made the cake and dips, and Mom made Armadillo Eggs. 

I'll put the link to the Sheetcake and Armadillo Egg recipe below in case inquiring minds need to know!

Love how she takes pictures and is so detailed!!  http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/the_best_chocol/

http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/armadillo-eggs  And actually Mom just used sharp cheddar cheese instead of the Monterey Jack.  They were yummy!!

We ate, watched the USA play Canada in hockey and then played Scattergories.  Tyler won OF COURSE (know it all!) and Mom was second.  I discoved, I'm not too great at that game but had a blast playing anyway. 

Some pics from our SUNDAY FUNDAY!!











































































After everyone left we let the pups in and they were TIRED out!!  It was so cute.  As I'm typing this, they are both passed out on Hitch's bed.  Oh and I should add that today is the day a squirrel met his death.  This squirrel had Jack acting crazy and barking like crazy in the backyard for a couple of weeks now.  I couldn't take it anymore, it was either kill Jack or kill the squirrel... obviously Tyler loves his itty bitty dog so the squirrel went DOWN.  Hope the neighbor doesn't find the pellet in the squirrel when he finds him in his back yard... cause he fell off the fence, not on our side!
YEA for Sunday Fundays!

Definition of Sunday Funday:  Me chanting Sunday Funday to encourage Timber to take us to do something fun.  Sunday Funday's must absolutely include family and FUN!!  I'm sure he was mighty proud today, even if we did play a game :)

No comments:

Post a Comment