Thursday, April 8, 2010

Midwife Appointment Today

We had an appointment with our midwife today and planned on hearing Critter's heartbeat.  The appointment went well but unfortunately she couldn't pick up the baby's heartbeat with just the handheld doppler.  Shereally thought everything was fine because my uterus was growing as it should be, but she felt like possibly the placenta was in front of the baby and was "blocking" us from being able to hear the tiny little heartbeat.  Tyler and I were calm and confident that everything was fine but I know I was somewhat disappointed that we weren't going to be able to hear the baby for the first time.  Donna gave us the option to either do a sonogram or come back next week when the baby is a week older and try again.  We were both kind of lost as to what we wanted to do, mainly because I especially had my heart set on hearing it today!!  So, Donna suggested she could call the ultrasound place up the street and see if they could see me right then.  Next thing you know we, along with Donna and her assistant, are heading to get a sonogram.  What a blessing that they could get me in right then, God is SO good!  They got me back in the room quickly and next thing we know up popped our Critter on the screen.  He/she was bouncing around and bucking around as I called it.  The ultrasound tech even commented that he/she was doing crunches, it was so cute!!!  Clearly everything was perfect but they let us hear the heartbeat and got us an ultrasound picture anyway.  Tyler was in shock how much it looked like a baby!!  Critter's heart was beating 170 beats per minute and they said Oct. 20th for the due date.  It was such a special time getting to see my little resident, so glad we opted to go ahead and do the sonogram.  As a friend told me, now there is no room for Satan to bring fear, Critter is growing as planned and will continue to.  There is a picture below of the sweet little tiny blessing ... our hearts are so VERY full of JOY!!   



I'll try to take a better picture later and post it, we took this one with Tyler's cell phone.  The head is on the left and the body is on the right with tiny legs kicking around.  How stinkin cute can a baby get!!??

Love yall!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love seeing your little one! I am glad you went ahead and had the sonogram. And what fun for you and Tyler to see her or him. :) I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elaine, I love reading your comments on here :)

    ReplyDelete